WHEDco is a proud charity partner of New York Road Runners, Inc. (NYRR) and is participating in the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon on November 3, 2019.
WHEDco has been awarded five charity entries to the race. To learn more about registering for the TCS New York City Marathon as part of WHEDco’s team, please contact Meredith Leverich, WHEDco’s Director of Strategic Initiatives, at 718.839.1157 or email@example.com.
Requirements of Running the TCS New York City Marathon on behalf of WHEDco
To use one of WHEDco’s charity entries for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon, the runner agrees to:
- register for the race by July 1, 2019 and pay the race registration fee (race registration fees for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon are: $255 for NYRR members, $295 for nonmembers, and $358 for non-U.S. residents).
- establish an individual fundraising page on CrowdRise, an online crowd-funding platform, under WHEDco’s organizational profile on the site.
- raise a minimum of $2,500 for WHEDco by October 30th, 2019 in order to be eligible to compete in the race on November 3, 2019 (WHEDco will assist runners in their fundraising efforts by providing a social media toolkit and draft text for email/letter campaigns).
- serve as an ambassador for WHEDco.
Runners will be asked to sign an agreement committing to the above, and will be required to place a credit card on file via CrowdRise. The card will only be charged in the case that the runner does not reach the $2,500 goal by the fundraising deadline; if that should happen, the remainder of the funds needed to meet the $2,500 goal will be charged on October 31st, 2019. For example, if $2,400 is raised by October 30th, 2019, then $100 would be charged to the runner’s card on file on October 31st, ensuring that the runner meets the requirement and remains eligible to participate in the race.
Perks of Running the United Airlines NYC Half Marathon with WHEDco
- Runners will receive a free WHEDco t-shirt and swag bag.
- Complimentary tickets to one of WHEDco’s Associate Board events in 2019 or 2020.
- Runners are invited to take a private tour of WHEDco, which will give them a unique opportunity to see our programs in action and meet some of the families who will benefit from the funds raised.
- The funds raised for WHEDco will create life-changing opportunities for families living in the South Bronx, one of the poorest neighborhoods in New York City.