WHEDco is a proud charity partner of New York Road Runners, Inc. (NYRR) and is participating in the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon on November 5, 2023.
WHEDco has been awarded five charity entries to the race. To learn more about registering for the TCS New York City Marathon as part of WHEDco’s team, please contact Meredith Leverich at 718.839.1157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Running the TCS New York City Marathon on behalf of WHEDco
To use one of WHEDco’s charity entries for the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon, the runner agrees to:
- register for the race by July 1, 2023 and pay the race registration fee (race registration fees for the 2023 TCS New York City Marathon are: $255 for NYRR members and $295 for nonmembers).
- establish an individual fundraising page on GiveSmart, WHEDco’s third-party online crowd-funding platform.
- raise a minimum of $2,500 for WHEDco by October 30th, 2023 in order to be eligible to compete in the race on November 5, 2023 (WHEDco will assist runners in their fundraising efforts by providing a social media toolkit and draft text for email/letter campaigns).
- serve as an ambassador for WHEDco.
Runners will be asked to sign an agreement committing to the above, and will be required to place a credit card on file with WHEDco. The card will only be charged in the case that the runner does not reach the $2,500 goal by the fundraising deadline; if that should happen, the remainder of the funds needed to meet the $2,500 goal will be charged on October 31st, 2023. For example, if $2,400 is raised by October 30th, 2023, then $100 would be charged to the runner’s card on file on October 31st, ensuring that the runner meets the requirement and remains eligible to participate in the race.
Perks of Running the TCS New York City Marathon with WHEDco
- Runners will receive a WHEDco t-shirt and swag bag.
- Complimentary tickets to a future event at the Bronx Music Hall (opening in 2023).
- Runners are invited to take a private tour of WHEDco, which will give them a unique opportunity to see our programs in action and meet some of the families who will benefit from the funds raised.
- The funds raised for WHEDco will advance WHEDco’s mission in the South Bronx, creating life-changing opportunities for families in our community.